6 Free Tools to Check Any Website’s Backlinks
(Syed Abdulwahab Shah)
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Backlink refers to the links that are coming from other websites to your website, if they are genuine then your website authority will be better. The more good quality beacon links you have, the better your website will rank in Google searches.
Why are backlinks important to a website?
Backlinks are very important and essential for website SEO. Because it’s backlinks that let Google know that your website’s data is valuable to what other websites are all pointing to.
Backlinks not only improve your Google ranking but also increase your customers.
Backlinks from good websites are also a source of more backlinks. Here it is also important to remember that getting backlinks only on websites with good authority is beneficial for you, if you get backlinks on websites with bad authority, it will make you worse in the eyes of Google. and Google may spam your website.
There are many tools available to check your website’s backlinks, which you can use to analyze your website. These tools are both free and paid. In today’s article, I will tell you about some of the free tools that you can use to check your website’s backlinks.
Top 6 Free Backlink Checker Tools
- Simrush Backlink Checker Tool
- Ahrefs Backlink Checker
- Moz link Explorer
- WebCEO Backlink Checker
- Ubersuggest Backlink Analyzer
- SERanking Backlink Analysis Tool
- Mangools Link Miner
1. Semrush Backlink Checker Tool
Simrush Backlinks Analytics Service is a great tool to give users access to the most data. According to Semrush, their database contains over 43 trillion links, the largest database you will find on the market.
The details that Simrush Tool provides you are also very important like:
Also provides details of invalid or harmful backlinks.
You can also see which links are “do follow” or “no follow”.
You can also click on the “Referring Domains” tab for a detailed analysis of the authority score, number of backlinks, and IP address of each backlink.
To benefit from this tool you need to create your account on Simrush, and then you can avail some of their free features. However, their paid tool gives you reports with great depth and detail.
Click here for Semrush Tool
2. Ahrefs backlink checker
Ahrefs Backlink Checker is a popular name. Ahrifs keeps updating its backlink technology with crawling new pages. Whenever you enter a URL in the search bar for checking, you get a complete overview of page level and domain metrics for any target. It includes access to a lot of information including domain rank and URL rank, number of referring domains, etc.
With the free version of Ahraf’s Backlink Checker, you get 100 backlinks per check and unlimited checks per day. You can use the tool without creating an account.
Entering a domain into Ahrefs Backlink Checker gives you a comprehensive report full of useful information. The overview includes the website’s domain rank, total number of backlinks, and percentage of your dofollow links.
Click here for Ahrefs Tool
3. Moz Link Explorer
Moz Link Explorer is a simple backlink tracker that anyone can use. Moz has nearly 40 trillion links to search, making it a pretty comprehensive tool.
To check your website’s backlinks with MOZ, you simply enter the URL of the page you want to get link data from, and Moz will generate your report for you.
On Moz you can check for broken links. High-performing materials can be researched. Check the spam score of backlinks and remove them from your site.
Moz answers all the basic questions most companies have about their link authority and backlinking opportunities. Instead of just checking the authority of the links on your website, you can also look for broken links, spammy links, and lost links over time.
Click here for Moz Tool
4. Ubersuggest Backlink Analyzer
This tool also provides you a limited amount of free backlink data.
Some of the features of Ubersuggest Backlink Analyzer include:
Competitive Analysis: Check your page scores against the competition.
Backlink Review: Quick and easy review of your backlinks
Free Keyword Analysis: Find keywords by checking your backlinks.
What do you get with the free plan?
The free version of Ubersuggest allows you to perform 3 free searches per day (without registering for an account).
You can see the top 100 links in each search. To test the full product, you can register for a free 7-day trial.
Click here for ubersuggest Tool
5. SE Ranking
SERranking Backlink Analysis Tool is a simple and reliable tool to find and analyze backlinks. With the help of this tool you can get the following benefits:
Text-Image Insight: i.e. detect whether a link comes from an image or text block.
Page Trust: Check the trust level of your page according to a specific proprietary rating.
First/Last Visited: View the dates when the SE Ranking crawler last visited a link.
Metrics: Track Alexa rank, domain trust, and other in-depth metrics.
Click here for SERranking Backlink Checker
6. Mongools Link Miner
Mangools “LinkMiner” is a backlink checker with a huge database, designed to give you the best information about all your links.
Interestingly, Mangools allows you to switch between viewing information about all your links, i.e. your new links, or your lost links.
It also has these qualities:
Comprehensive Domain Score: Check a range of metrics for each domain linked to your site.
Easy interface: Check new, lost, and existing links with a visual interface.
Access to tracking tools: Have access to tools to track keyword growth over time.
Plenty of SEO Tools: Access keyword suggestions and traffic information.
Go to the Mangools LinkMiner page and enter a URL to get started. You will need to create an account with Mangools, even just to access basic features. Once you’ve verified your email address, you’ll have a free ten-day trial.
The free trial gives you access to the LinkMiner experience so that you can check dofollow and nofollow links, check domain authority, and even score your trust level.
Click her for Mangools link miner tool
There are several tools you can use to check the backlinks of any website. Some of the most popular ones are:
- Ahrefs: This is a comprehensive tool that provides detailed information about a website’s backlinks, including the number of backlinks, the domains they come from, and the anchor text used.
- SEMrush: This tool provides a detailed analysis of a website’s backlinks, including the number of backlinks, the domains they come from, and the anchor text used. It also provides information about the quality of the backlinks and how they may be affecting the website’s search engine rankings.
- Majestic: This tool provides information about a website’s backlinks, including the number of backlinks, the domains they come from, and the anchor text used. It also has a feature called “Trust Flow” that helps you understand the quality of the backlinks pointing to a website.
- Moz Link Explorer: This tool provides information about a website’s backlinks, including the number of backlinks, the domains they come from, and the anchor text used. It also has a feature called “Domain Authority” that helps you understand how well a website is likely to perform in search engine rankings.
- Google Search Console: This is a free tool provided by Google that allows you to see the backlinks pointing to your website. It doesn’t provide as much detail as some of the other tools on this list, but it can still be a useful resource for understanding the backlinks pointing to your website.