Convert a PDF or image to text format
If you are working on a computer or mobile, you will often need to convert the text written on a PDF book or an image of a book page to text format. For example, you liked a paragraph of a book and you want me to share it in text format with your friends on WhatsApp or Facebook. So in such a case, not every man can compose it.
The solution to this problem is present on your mobile as well as on your computer. Let’s see how this problem can be solved. Let’s see the mobile method first.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Convert image text to Unicode text on mobile.
When you unlock your mobile, the screen you see on your mobile has a Google search bar at the top. This Google search bar has a camera icon on the right side. Click on it.
Now you have two options:
- One is that you can take a picture of a page and convert it to text at the same time, click on the camera, and then take a picture.
- Another option is if the image already exists, in which case select that image.
Now Google will convert it to text, you can even listen to it in audio if you want. If not, click on Select All.
Now all this text will be selected. Now you have several options, you can also translate the selected text into your language. And the second option click on copy text. And paste it wherever you want.
This is how to convert images to text on mobile. Now let’s see the computer method.
Convert image text to Unicode text on a computer.
Google Drive has a hidden OCR tool (optical character recognition).
First, upload the image to Google Dive, which you want to convert to text.
Then right-click on that image or PDF.
Then click Open with Google Docs.
After a short wait, the image and below it the converted words in text format will appear, which you can copy and use anywhere.
A few essentials
Note a few important things while doing this process.
- The file you want to convert must be in JPEG, PNG, GIF, or PDF format.
- The image to be converted must be crystal clear, with a resolution of at least 10 pixels. Dim image text will not convert correctly.
- The file to be converted must be 2MB or less.
- The file must be upright, inverted image will not convert.
- Be sure to read the text once after converting, because mostly ninety percent of the text is correct but there are a few errors, which you have to manually correct yourself.