( Syed Abdulwahab Shah )
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
YouTube is a social media video-sharing platform and is very popular worldwide. Millions of people earn money from YouTube. And also use YouTube to promote their business, company, and brand.
In this article, we will tell you how to create a YouTube channel, following which you can create a channel in ten minutes.
- Channel settings.
- Select Channel I-Con.
- Links on channel banner.
- Add a trailer.
- Obey the rules.
- Uploading videos.
- Channel Monetization.
Basically, you have two options as to what type of channel to create. One is a personal channel and the other is a business or brand channel.
The difference between the two is that the personal channel name is the same as your Gmail name. However, whatever brand channel name you want will be different from your Gmail account name. So it’s better to create a brand channel, even if you don’t use it for business purposes.
How to Create a YouTube Channel
Go to YouTube and log in with your Gmail account. After that go to my channel. If your channel is created then it will be open, if not created then you will get the option of “Create Channel”.
After clicking Create Channel you will be asked to select a channel name. You can suggest a good name of your choice, although you can change the name later, but it is better to have a name first that you will not have to change later.
You can name the channel anything, but it is best to name it something that:
- The name is similar to the name of your business, brand or other social media accounts.
- Keep the channel name as short, catchy, and simple as possible.
Some people are very confused about naming the channel, and often consult me on what to name, sometimes they want to name something popular. But my experience and observation says that: the name doesn’t matter, whatever name you choose, not because of the popular name of your channel but because of your work, if your work is useful and If people like it, whatever the name is, it will become popular.
After selecting a name, click Create. Sir, your channel is ready.
Note: The method I am teaching you is to do this on a laptop or computer. Not all options are visible on mobile, so you should also use a computer or laptop when creating a channel.
After creating the channel, first, do some necessary settings. Click the channel name at the top right, then click YouTube Studio.
Now a dashboard like this will appear in front of you. Where you can make all kinds of changes to your channel, and all your data will also be visible here. On this dashboard, click Settings at the bottom left.
Now a window will open in front of you in which you have to make necessary settings in general setting.
Select your country, write some tags, and write a description. In the description, describe yourself and your channel’s introduction and purpose.
Then select your channel’s icon, for which click Customize from the dashboard:
Make your own icon or have someone else make them for you. A channel icon is the recognition of you or your brand that people see under your videos.
Here in this picture, the things that need to be taken care of are highlighted in yellow. For example
Logo picture size, banner picture size, and format. Prepare people and banners keeping these things in mind. And load it
Similarly, create a video watermark i.e. a small icon that will appear on top of each video. It should be transpired.
Now you have to add links to your other social accounts above the banner. For this purpose click on Basic Info tab.
In the image above, the areas you have to fill are highlighted in yellow. For example:
- Social links
- Contact email
Now you have to add two videos here which will be the trailer of your channel. That is a trailer for people who haven’t subscribed to your channel.
While the second trailer is for people who have subscribed to your channel.
After uploading these two types of videos on your own account, add them here according to the image below.
For the channel trailer, you should choose a short video, because the trailer is short and makes people curious.
Write the title and description of the trailer video as well as you can see in the above image.
There is an option to add a section below the channel trailer. That is, you can set the order in which the videos appear on your channel’s homepage.
Create your own URL.
When your channel is created, a URL of your channel is automatically created in the form of a long code.
Like this URL (note: also subscribe to the channel by clicking on this URL)
You can also keep the same URL and customize it.
You will be able to create a custom URL if you have the following items in place:
- 100 subscribers
- Channel age one month
- Eye and banner
But once you customize it, you won’t be able to change it or the channel name.
- Follow YouTube’s rules for uploading videos and running a channel. For example
- Do not download a video from another channel and upload it to your channel.
- Do not use any copyrighted material in your video.
- Do not violate any national or international laws in the videos.
- Avoid vulgarity, lies, propaganda, profanity, and threats in videos.
- Don’t expose someone else’s privacy in the video. For example, vehicle number plate, house number, etc.
- Do not show blood, animal fights, or any scenes that are blocked by YouTube in videos.
- There are some rules on YouTube, if violated, the channel will be blocked immediately.
- While there are some laws in which a warning is given. For example, copyright strike, even if such a warning is received three times in ninety days, the channel is blocked.
After doing all these settings and studying the rules, now you can start uploading videos regularly.
- Edit videos after recording.
- Keep the video file name the same as the title of your video.
- Upload the video.
- Create a thumbnail and apply it to the video.
Note: The custom thumbnail option is off, you need to verify your channel to turn it on. The method is that if you click on the custom thumbnail, you will be asked to verify the channel, you click on it, write your mobile number and enter the code received through the message here, this way your channel will be verified. .
- When the video starts uploading, write the title of the video.
- Write a description below the title that explains what the video is about.
- Below the title is a custom thumbnail option.
- Below that, specify whether the video is for children or adults.
- Then write some tags related to the video.
- Below are a few more settings that aren’t necessary.
- Click Next. And answer any further questions that may be asked.
- Select the privacy of the video. That is, do you want to keep this video private or make it public?
- Publish the video. You are done.
To monetize a channel you must have 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time. Achieving this target is very difficult for a new channel. If you are not a celebrity, you can achieve this target in six to eight months by uploading videos regularly. But if you are a celebrity then this target is completed even in a week.
Generally, people think that earning money from YouTube is very easy.
Some people create channels with the feeling that I will get my friends to subscribe quickly and then my income will start.
Channel income is not only related to monetization but also to thousands of people watching your videos. If your content doesn’t have life, you can’t earn money even after monetization.
- So focus on making good videos and uploading daily instead of subscribing.
- Work continuously for four to six months.
- Upload at least four to five videos per week, more is even better.
- Consider it a service too.
One thing is to earn from a channel and another thing is to earn through a channel.
- Earning from a channel is how you monetize the channel by uploading videos. Google ads run on your videos, and their revenue is transferred to your account every month. This income can be ten dollars a month, one hundred or one thousand dollars.
- Another way to earn is that you earn through a channel. That is, you use your channel to promote your products, services, and brand. So people watch your videos and get your products or your services. I think these earnings are more than the earnings from monetization.
we are providing you a link here, where the latest Social Media related articles are published every few days.